1. Oklahoma (falling) – The running game struggled against TCU.
2. BYU (rising) – At the minimum, will be playing in a BCS bowl unless they have a complete collapse.
3. Mizzou (falling) – Might hang 70 on Nebraska.
4. Utah (rising) – Can two non BCS schools make it? I doubt it.
5. South Florida (rising) – This program’s success is killing Miami and Florida State.
6. Texas Tech (rising) – Most impressive win so far was over a mediocre Nevada squad.
7. Texas (rising) – Weakest nonconference schedule in the top 10. Running game is struggling.
8. Alabama (rising) – Impressive win over previously ranked Georgia.
9. Southern Cal (falling) – Getting their upset loss out of the way early will help the Trojans this year.
10. Oklahoma State (rising) – Powerful offense is showing signs of being unstoppable.