With season winding down, we all have a pretty good idea of where where stand. As is the case most years, the season didn’t play out like most of us expected. The suprise this year is that no north team is better than any south team this late in the season.
1. Oklahoma – They have to prove it on the field, but should roll Tech next week.
2. Texas – Only blemish was a loss on the road to Tech in the final seconds.
3. Texas Tech – Leach’s monster is providing plenty of excitement west of the population centers of Texas.
4. Oklahoma State – Moneyless program enjoying their final season before bankruptcy.
5. Texas A&M – It’s been a disastrous first season for Mike Sherman.
6. Baylor – Bears move into the upper echelon of Big 12 teams for the first time ever.
7. Mizzou – Defenseless Tigers had so much promise earlier in the season.
8. Kansas – Puffer fish are fascinating animals.
9. Nebraska – Huskers continue to improve under first year coach.
10. Kansas State – Next year a new crop of jucos will breathe life into this program.
11. Colorado – This team has no identity.
12. Iowa State – Worst team in the league by far.