1. Florida – Early season loss to Mississippi has been forgiven. The Gators are favored to win it all.
2. Oklahoma – Scoring 60 points four weeks in a row is stout. The Sooners are poised for another national title game.
3. USC – One game remaining against a weak UCLA team, and a win won’t really help them move up. They need Mizzou to upset Oklahoma or Alabama to upset Florida to sneak into the title game.
4. Texas – Reminiscent of the 1970 national champions, this Texas team just didn’t have enough down the stretch.
5. Utah – The uninvited guest will end up in a BCS game, just not the big one.
6. Alabama – They played the weakest schedule in the SEC in a down year for the conference, and they have no offense whatsoever. Watch their defense and special teams, though. They are formidable.
7. Texas Tech – Their one loss was a big one. Though academically challenged, they did field a nice team this year. Non conference scheduling really hurt them.
8. Boise State – They’ve already proved what they can do in the big games. If they don’t get in, it’s a travesty.
9. Penn State – The champions of the Big 11 represent a once great conference, even though they weren’t in that conference when it was great.
10. TCU – The Frogs jump to the ball on defense and don’t turn it over on offense.